Preschool Lunch Guidelines
Trinity Christian Preschool is licensed by the North Carolina Division of Child Care; therefore, we must follow their guidelines for children’s lunches.
Please include a food from each of the following food groups everyday
- Milk (may be purchased from school or sent in thermos inside lunch box)
- Meat (beans, peanut butter, cheese, eggs, or meat)
- Vegetables or Fruit (2 servings)
- Bread (bread, pasta, grains)
The following are some examples
- Lunch Bucket
- Carrot Sticks
- Sandwich with Peanut Butter, Cheese, or Meat
- Raw Vegetables
- Fruit (canned or fresh)
- Leftovers from Dinner
- Meat and Two Vegetables
- Meat, Vegetable, and Fruit
- Macaroni & Cheese, Green Beans, and Fruit
We suggest fruit be used for dessert. Fruit roll-ups or fruit bits do not count as a fruit substitute.
Lunch boxes must be the small, flat, stackable type as we have a limited amount of space in our refrigerator.
No frozen meals, uncooked noodles or other meals requiring more than one minute to heat are allowed.
ALL CANNED FOODS TO HEAT SHOULD BE PUT IN A BOWL WITH A LID UNLESS THE CONTAINER CAN BE HEATED.
Trinity Christian Preschool will be held responsible if children do not have the proper lunch. Please help us insure that we stay within the State guidelines in this area.