From the Admissions Office
Thank you for your interest in becoming a part of the Trinity Christian School community. We value your consideration of our school as we partner with you in the education of your child. As parents, we naturally want the best for our children and this is especially true when it comes to their education. We have been truly blessed at Trinity Christian School over the past 44 years and are excited about the future of our school.
While this website has been thoughtfully prepared to introduce you to Trinity Christian School, until you come for a visit, meet the teachers, see the students, and experience the Christ-centered atmosphere, you will not truly “know” Trinity Christian School. We encourage you to schedule a personal visit to see the remarkable difference we can make in your child’s life.
You may also choose to visit us during our next open house. During this time you will have the opportunity to meet administrators, teachers, current parents and students, hear about our academic program, and visit classes.
I look forward to meeting you and your child and working with you through the admissions process. If you have any questions or would like to schedule a visit please contact me at 828-286-3900 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, sex, or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship programs, and other administered programs.
Procedures for admission are as follows:
- An application for admission is available upon request. It must be submitted with the non-refundable application fee of $50 to the school. This can also be completed online.
- After the candidate’s application has been received, an interview with the principal and the candidate’s parents will be scheduled.
- All candidates for admission to kindergarten through grade 10 are required to take an assessment for entrance. An appointment for the assessment will be made after the application is received. In the case of preschool students, an interview will be arranged for the child and parents to meet with the Director of the Preschool. Admission to preschool will be based on an adequate display of social, emotional, and academic readiness.
- A child must be three years old on or before the first day of school and be toilet-trained to attend preschool. A child must be five years old on or before August 31 to attend kindergarten.
- Trinity Christian School has the option to request a letter of reference from the applicant’s current teacher for admission to grades 1 through 5. For admission to grades 6 through 10, Trinity may request letters of reference from the applicant’s current English and Mathematics instructors.
- The administration will take the following factors into account when considering an applicant:
- The extent to which a student can profit from an experience at Trinity.
- The candidate’s scores on entrance assessment.
- Readiness level of 3, 4 and 5 year olds.
- The candidate’s previous school record.
- The enrollment of other members of the candidate’s family in our school.
- The school has the authority to place the child at the proper grade level as indicated by the assessment regardless of age or grade completed prior to admission to Trinity Christian School.
- The admission decision will be communicated to parents as soon as possible after the completion of all admissions procedures.
- Within ten days of acceptance at Trinity, the initial registration fee of $50 for Preschool or $250 for grades K-10 should be sent to the school.
Tuition and Fees
Pre-School Tuition and Fees
- Registration Fee $100.00 due with application (Non-Refundable)
- Supply Fee $60.00 due within 10 days of acceptance (Non-Refundable)
- Five Day, Full Day Drop off 7:30 to 8:30, pick up by 5:00 PM $3,985 $447.78
- Three Day, Full Day (Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday) $2,840 $320.56
- Three Day, Half Day Drop of 7:30 to 8:30, pick up by noon $2,100 $238.34
Each preschool student pays an annual registration fee of $50.00. Families with older students in the school do not pay the $50; however, they do pay the family registration of $250.00. This is a non-refundable fee that must be paid when you submit your child‘s application or intent to return.
You will receive a statement before school starts. You may pay the full amount, bi-yearly or make monthly payments. If you choose to make monthly payments, you will receive a monthly statement. Your tuition is due on the first day of each month beginning in September. A $25.00 per month service charge will be added to all payments received after the 10th of the month. If paying by the month, a $5.00 service charge will be added each month to your bill. You may pay at the school office or you may mail your payment to
Trinity Christian School, 299 Deter Street, Rutherfordton, NC 28139.
Tuition Assistance Opportunities
- NC Opportunity Scholarship: The Opportunity Scholarship Program expands school choice in NC through scholarship grants of up to $4,200 per year for eligible children in kindergarten through 12th grade. An eligible student must live in a household whose income meets the income guidelines. Applicants must apply to NCSEAA prior to March 1, to be considered in the first round of the selection lottery. Please visit ncseaa.edu or e-mail Cindy Wilkerson at email@example.com for more information.
- NC Disabilities Grant Program: Students who currently have an Individualized Education Plan in a public school may qualify for the NC Disabilities Grant Program. Trinity Christian School assesses and accepts these students on an individual basis. TCS is not able to serve every child with special needs and only accepts students for whom we can provide the best possible education. The Disabilities Grant Program was created to help parents pay up to $8,000 of qualified expenses for children with disabilities who attend school in an eligible nonpublic setting. The Disabilities Grant Program is for children who are just starting school or who are currently attending a public school and change to an eligible school. Applications for the Disabilities Grant should be submitted to NCSEAA on May 1, since applicants are considered in the order in which they are received. Please visit ncseaa.edu or contact Cindy Wilkerson at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- TCS Tuition Assistance: Trinity Christian School utilizes the FAST program to help us best evaluate the financial needs of prospective families. Applications may be submitted online through the "FAST" link.. FAST is completely confidential and allows TCS to make the best decision regarding any potential financial aid recipients. Once all of the information has been submitted to FAST, along with a nominal application fee, FAST will generate a report that is sent to the school administrator. Applications for FAST may be submitted after the TCS application and fee have been submitted. Applicants are encouraged to submit their requests as soon as possible to maximize their chance of receiving funding. The school gives priority when awarding funding to those current families that have demonstrated a commitment to Trinity Christian School. For more information please email Cindy Wilkerson at email@example.com.
FAST (Financial Aid for School Tuition)
TCS Tuition Assistance: Trinity Christian School utilizes the FAST program to help us best evaluate the financial needs of prospective families. Applications may be submitted online through the "FAST" link on the TCS website. FAST is completely confidential and allows TCS to make the best decision regarding any potential financial aid recipients. Once all of the information has been submitted to FAST, along with a nominal application fee, FAST will generate a report that is sent to the school administrator. Applications for FAST may be submitted after the TCS application and fee have been submitted. Applicants are encouraged to submit their requests as soon as possible to maximize their chance of receiving funding. The school gives priority when awarding funding to those current families that have demonstrated a commitment to Trinity Christian School. For more information please email Cindy Wilkerson at firstname.lastname@example.org.